3 May 2019
Most parents never ask themselves what they want to teach their children
Here are 22 suggestions
1. How to handle disappointment, bullying and rudeness
2. Self-discipline and self-reliance
3. The importance of being honest.
4. That education will change their lives forever
5. That it takes hard work and commitment to achieve
6. To constantly look after the only body they will ever have.
7. To respect, the law, other people’s property, people in authority, other people’s ideas, the elderly, the weak, parents, friends, your body and the environment
8. How to Listen
9. Why it is important to be kind, nice and polite.
10. To apologize and forgive
11. How to choose the right friends
12. To take personal responsibility
13. To understand the importance of saving.
14. To set plans and goals.
15. Not to selfishly manipulate every situation to get what they want
16. To control their temper
17. To evaluate things they hear, see and experience
18. To learn from their successes and mistakes
19. To be positive – that tomorrow will always come bringing new opportunities
20. To share
21. To take responsibility for their actions
22. To share ownership of their home
23. Mutual respect, appreciation, acceptance and understanding