Amazing progress towards becoming centres of excellence was reported this week by principals of previously under-performing primary schools in the Free State province of South African following their attendance of the BCF Outstanding Public Schools Programme during 2016.
1. A radically improved culture of effective teaching and effective learning.
2. Highly significant improvements in teacher enthusiasm and motivation.
3. Improved curriculum delivery both in terms quality and of being continuously up to date.
4. A willingness by teachers to play a more professional role both in the classroom and in extra-mural activities.
5. Significantly improved marks achieved by learners in all grades.
This Programme was sponsored by VVOB – the Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance