You’ll remember this one. Don’t ask anyone what they are going to do. Rather ask them what they have done.
Please join me in celebrating the achievements of the Billion Child Foundation – a charity which gets things done – on a massive scale.
- During 2022 BCF trained the School Leadership Teams of 1,518 primary and secondary schools in the poverty-stricken rural areas of South Africa adjacent to the Zimbabwe border. As these SLTs increase their effectiveness throughout 2023 the habits and routines of teachers, students and the SLTs themselves will begin to approach those found in high performance schools.
- Amazingly, by the end of 2022 the percentage of students gaining a university or technical university matriculation pass (matriculation examinations are written in October in the Southern Hemisphere) increased from 53.7% to 56.6% despite limited school attendance over two years due to covid, almost daily four-hour electricity outages and not having money to purchase data to study online.
- When the 2023 matriculation results are announced in January 2024 the District Directors expect the percentage of students gaining a university or technical university pass to exceed 60%!
- Rural and township schools throughout South Africa whose School Leadership Teams were trained by BCF prior to 2015 have increased the percentage of students gaining a university or technical university matriculation pass have increased by 37% since 2015!!
- BCF has potentially benefited over 2.9 million children since foundation in 2008!
UNICEF reported on 15 September 2022 that globally less than one third of ten-year-old children could read and comprehend a simple story in their home language.
BCF has proven that it doesn’t have to be like that!
As a Friend of the Billion Child Foundation, please spread the word that the Billion Child Foundation is the first organisation in the world with a scalable, replicable and sustainable programme capable of transforming government school education anywhere in the world into a significant success story.
If you know people in senior positions at funding organisations which support the transformation of education, especially in developing countries, please make them aware that BCF can provide them with great success stories and higher returns on their social investments than probably any other organisation.