13 July 2020.
Our latest news
- The Permanent Secretaries of Education in Gambia, Kenya, Uganda and Malawi are currently evaluating BCF proposals to turn every classroom and school in their countries into centres of excellence.
- BCF will complete the training of circuit managers (school inspectors) who are currently training 1,020 principals in the Limpopo province to turn their schools into centres of excellence as soon as C19 precautions allow. This programme sponsored by Worley Ltd will impact on the lives of one million learners over the next ten years.
- BCF will complete delivery of our Win-Win Parenting Skills Programmes in Botswana and in the Langa township near Cape Town as soon as C19 precautions allow. This will impact on 2,000 families.
- Before C19 hit the USA we were discussing launching BCF programmes in three countries in Central and South America with the Inter American Development Bank..
- Thanks to interest on our investments and our low cost business model, BCF will emerge from the C19 crisis financially stronger than before it started.
- The Billion Child Foundation entered its International Schools Centre of Excellence Programme to win the Innovation in Education category of the 2021 Commonwealth Education Awards. We believe BCF stands a reasonable chance of winning this award in view of BCF being, to the best of our knowledge, the first organisation in the world to develop a proven, scalable, replicable and sustainable programme capable of enabling the ministries of education of every country to reinvent every public classroom and school in their country to become a centre of excellence within 3-5 years. It has been rated as one of the most significant developments in global education over the past 50 years.
Not bad for a non-profit organisation which was established 10 years ago.
If you would like further information on BCF or to discuss launching the International Schools Centre of Excellence Programme or our Win-Win Parenting Skills Programme in any district, province or country, please contact our CEO Alan J Whitaker.