27 April 2018
Our CEO Alan J Whitaker has been invited to make a presentation at Edweek Conference in Johannesburg on Saturday 16th June, 14:30 – 15:15.
His presentation is entitled “Why owners of Early Childhood Development Centres and teachers at public schools should present the BCF Win-Win Parenting Skills Programme to Parents”
He will demonstrate that the parents who attended workshops presented by teachers at 923 provincial schools in South Africa have learned
- how to manage conflict and disagreement in the home.
- to abandon violence and verbal abuse creating cohesive harmonious home environments in which each child grows into a confident self-reliant individual who will succeed in the future
- what to do if their child becomes involved in substance abuse, selling drugs, carrying weapons, gangs, bullying or being bullied.
- the importance of talking up the need of each child to attend school, read and complete homework every day and remaining in school until they matriculate.
- the need to support the teacher and school when conflict between teacher and learner arises.
- to launch numerous projects in their community to create a child-safe child-friendly environment in their community.
He will explain how teachers are trained to present this Programme at their school in the language selected by the principal of their school and how they can gain SACE professional development points when they present the Programme.
Find out more and register for your ticket here http://www.educationweek.co.za/registration
BCF thanks Wayne van der Wath who recommended to Tanya Jackman the conference organiser of Eduweek that she should consider BCF speaking at the Conference. Wayne is editor of the “Big School Buzz” newsletter and the “Big School Adventure” website,